Here is a list of the other top winners:
#3 Joshua Cothen: CookRight EatRight’s Blackened Pork over Perfect Rice with a Creamy Creole Sauce
Watches WGBH from his home in Hollis, NH
#4 Jenny Belliveau: Introducing the Rutabaga – How to prepare & cook this root vegetable & turn it into a delicious dish to enjoy all year long!
- US Navy Veteran of nine years. Hailing from 40 miles east of New Orleans, I now live and work with my wife and two children on our family’s farm
- Cooking Experience: Cooking since the age of eight. Trained by a Cajun Mama and inspired by any cooking shows or books I could get. Love learning about good food!
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I am always striving to perfect and share techniques and recipes to CookRight and EatRight every day! I want to help the world taste better!
Watches WNET and WLIW Create from her home in Glen Ridge, NJ
#5 Vincent Williams: Pizza With Vinny
- I’m a cook, blogger & experimenter, inspired by the seasons, markets & leftovers. I work at an ad agency & live in NJ with my husband, Paul.
- Cooking Experience: I started cooking 10 years ago as a broke post-grad in LA, enchanted by farmers’ markets. I’ve been experimenting with flavors ever since.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: Create TV celebrates a love of cooking, teaching and sharing food. This is what I’ve tried to achieve with my blog, and what I love to do!
Watches Georgia Public Broadcasting from his home in Lithonia, GA
#6 Eric Krebs: Eric Krebs’ Slovenian Smoked Sausage
- I’m a husband and father of three who enjoys cooking new things
- Cooking Experience: Home cook, non-professional
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I enjoy cooking and I’ve never made a cooking video. I thought it would be fun to enter the contest.
Watches WCVE from his home in Scottsville, VA
#7 Darryl Wylie: A Thousand Kinds of Hummus
- My wife and I love to cook, entertain and make people happy. More recently I have been preparing traditional family dishes.
- Cooking Experience: I love to work with a variety of meats and specialize in smoking, grilling and frying foods. I also like bringing old family recipes to life!
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: My wife and I are big fans of Create TV. We enjoy cooking and entertaining. I am excited to be able to share this traditional family recipe.
Watches WOSU from his home in Columbus, OH
#8 Trevor Wilson: Artisan Bread from Home with Trevor J. Wilson
- I enjoy travel, writing and playing music, and comedy of every type – especially questionable! I want to move somewhere warm!
- Cooking Experience: Mom made superb food and taught me how to properly make biscuits. Dr. David Dowty, a splendid cook, informed my palate and cooking style.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I am food-obsessed! I have a knack for teaching and love being on stage. Current mission: to show how veggies can be bold, tasty and easy.
Watches Vermont PBS from his home in Grand Isle, VT
#9 Rey Landrian, Jr.: Grilled Eggplant Recipe
- Bread baker, blogger, weightlifter, and, now…budding videographer! (Thank you, Create TV!)
- Cooking Experience: I’ve been baking bread for almost 15 years, having worked in some of Vermont’s finest bakeries.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: People are fascinated by bread-baking, and I wanted to show them it’s not magic. They can make it themselves!
Watches WPBT from his home in Pembroke Pines, FL
#10 Julie Booher: Julie’s Buttermilk Pralines with Quick Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- I am 30 years old and, WOW, I have a passion for food and cooking. I love learning and teaching about food.
- Cooking Experience: I am a classically trained chef. I graduated from Johnson & Wales University. I am currently a Sous Chef and make videos.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I would love the chance to work with Create TV so I could continue to share my abilities, as well as my home craft.
Watches South Carolina ETV from her home in Mt. Pleasant, SC
#11 Nikky Phinyawatana: Enjoy Life and Enjoy Great Asian Food with Nikky’s Pad Thai
- I am a lover of all things culinary, with a bubbly personality. I enjoy sharing everything that Charleston and the South have to offer.
- Cooking Experience: I’m a life-long home baker, with experiences in catering and working in a bakery in the heart of Washington, D.C.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: Baking is my life-long passion and I want to share my modern take on traditional family and historical recipes with other food lovers.
Watches KERA from her home in Dallas, TX
#12 Maka Bakhbava: Baked Rice with Eggplant and Basil
- I am a restauranteur and mom who moved to Dallas from Thailand. I am filling the gap to help everyone enjoy life and great Asian food.
- Cooking Experience: I have been cooking since I was five. I grew up in a Thai kitchen and an American kitchen. I went to El Centro Culinary in 2005. Cooking is my passion!
- I am passionate about sharing the love of Asian Fusion cuisine and want people to understand the simplicity of cooking it and enjoying it!
Watches Connecticut Public Television from her home in Newtown, CT
#13 Amy Kayne: Roasted Cauliflower Bites with Tahini Sauce and Dehydrated Onion Dust
- I live in Connecticut with my family and work at a relocation company. I am originally from the country of Georgia. I love cooking, video and photography.
- Cooking Experience: I love exploring the culinary heritage of other countries. I am currently interested in Georgian, Maltese and Quebecoise cuisines.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I love programming on Create TV and PBS. I started a YouTube cooking channel called “ColorMeFood,” and I would love to have a career in this field!
Watches Maine Public Broadcasting from her home in Portland, ME
#14 Cliff Pelloni: Kitchen Dad’s Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
- I’ve been raised around two amazing food cultures: Lebanese and Italian. As a result I have a passion for food. I am currently a private chef.
- Cooking Experience: I staged a local farm to table restaurant for 120 hours with constant studying and testing recipes. This inspired my business as a private chef.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I love to teach and share my knowledge of food. I’m hopeful that I can enlighten others to take what I teach to fulfill their nourishment in their own ways.
Watches Georgia Public Broadcasting from his home in Roswell, GA
#15 Njeri Wright: WPS Food Edition 003: Njahi-Turkey Stew with Pilau Rice
- I’m just a guy who likes to cook: a Kitchen Dad. I try to teach my two young boys (eight and ten) about cooking and about what I call “real food.”
- Cooking Experience: My Mom was German and my Dad was Italian, so we had LOTS of great food growing up. I cook for my family and it seems I am always cooking for my friends and neighbors!
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I want to help people learn how to cook “real food” with their friends and families, while having fun in the kitchen.
Watches Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA) from her home in Edmond, OK
#16 Anthony Gargano: Cutting the Perfect, Tear-Free Onion
- I love to tell inspiring stories about food, travel and culture using photography an video as my media. My work is on www.scrumpliciousfood.com
- Cooking Experience: I love to create and cook delicious, tasty and healthy homemade meals for my family and friends. I love a challenge and experiment a lot!
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I’m inspired by the Create TV chefs as they share easy cooking techniques with different foods and unique ingredients from around the world.
Watches WTTW from his home in South Elgin, IL
#17 Colleen Lukas: Chef Colleen Lukas – Restaurant Cooking at Home: Tips and Techniques to Make Your “Nights In” Feel Like “Nights Out!”
- I am 28 years old. I am married to my wonderful wife, Kristy. I am a very outgoing and funny person and love to take care of others.
- Cooking Experience: I graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in 2009 and studied in Italy. I worked at the Purple Pig. I currently serve as the Lead Culinary Instructor at the Cooking Skills Academy.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I have always wanted my own show so I could teach everyday home cooks the tricks and secrets to cooking like the pros. I have tried out for The Food Network Star twice.
Watches WLIW from her home in Valhalla, NY
#18 Andrew Woods: How to butcher a whole chicken – and what to do with it!
- At age 30, I decided to leave my job in finance and follow my passion for cooking. I went to culinary school and pursued a career as a chef.
- Cooking Experience: I have extensive cooking, dining and travelling experience. I went to ICE Culinary and have worked at Moderne Barn, X20, Xavier’s at Piermont, and as a private chef.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I love Create! I feel the channel has a great mix of authentic cooking shows and I that I have an additional perspective to contribute.
Watches Maryland Public Television from his home in Baltimore, MD
Download .doc version
- I am a passionate home cook who was raised in the South. I studied in the South of France and am dedicated to spreading the message of good food to everyone!
- Cooking Experience: I learned to cook from my mother in Charleston, South Carolina. I fell in love with French cuisine in Provence. I appeared on Season 6 of MasterChef on FOX TV.
- Why I entered the Create Cooking Challenge: I want to de-mystify proper techniques, seemingly complicated recipes and classic cooking for my fellow home cooks!