Operations AssistantPosition Title: Distribution Services – Operations Assistant
Supervisor: Director, Distribution Services
Summary – Job Objective:
The Distribution Services Operations Assistant provides support for operational functions with a primary focus on maintaining media content inventory and metadata for APT’s core and multicast services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining and distributing reports on media and metadata for APT content; research and respond to general operational questions regarding APT Distribution Services relating to the public television community; and provide department administrative support.
- Create records and maintains inventory and library management of all distribution content
- Compile, input, import, update and verify various metadata, technical and schedule information related to the distribution of APT’s core multicast services in various APT support databases, such as Lotus Notes, ProTrack and Broadview
- Compile and distribute weekly feed schedule logs, and uplink support documents to uplink/receive sites: CPTV, PBS Operations, WGBH and the public television operations community
- Notify public television system clients of confirmed program timings in support of all APT content through postings in myPBS
- Create PBS Media Inventories (MIs) for all APT program assets
- Monitor myPBS for information pertinent to APT programs, taking action when appropriate
- Respond to station inquiries regarding feeds and general operational questions via phone and e-mail
- Provide production support for APT Fall Marketplace and Teleconferences
- Perform in-house dubbing, tape ingest and file transcoding
- Maintain technical evaluation records for Distribution Services
- Perform company shipping and mail services via USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, and Courier service; maintain and monitor Pitney Bowes machine
- Order supplies for Distribution Services and shipping services
- Assist Vice President and Director of Distribution Services with special projects
- Maintain dependable work attendance
- Provide support/coverage for APT receptionist
- Assist other departments as needed
- Occasionally train staff, including on pre-broadcast media tools
- Ability to work occasional overtime
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Abilities Required
This position requires at least a bachelor’s degree or the combination of equivalent education and work experience, with 1-3 years’ experience in media preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, G Suite, and Dropbox (and other cloud services)
- Familiarity with Media Info, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, FTP clients, Vimeo, YouTube and Telestream Products a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
It is important that the final candidate is self-starting, thorough, able to deliver prolific volume of accurate work, highly detail-oriented, well organized, able to juggle multiple priorities at one time, has strong interpersonal skills, works well within a team, demonstrates strong internal and external customer service skills and enjoys working with new software/technology.
If you have the required knowledge, skills, and experience, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to DSOpAsst@APTonline.org.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning August 26 until the position is filled. The successful candidate may begin in September/October. This position offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
American Public Television is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.