Supervisor: Senior Contracts Specialist
The Contracts Associate reports to the Senior Contracts Specialist and is responsible for drafting program license agreements for review by the Senior Contracts Specialist, monitoring and collection of all executed program license agreements, processing of program extension agreements, preparing weekly additional sales reports, and preparing additional sales letters to suppliers. The Contracts Associate also monitors and collects contracts for Create and WORLD Licensees, prepares month end contract status reports, follows up with suppliers, and updates the Contact database.
- Draft program license agreements for review by Senior Contracts Specialist, including deal memos and other attachments.
- Review contract revisions made by suppliers and assist Senior Contracts Specialist in finalizing program license agreement, which may include review with content area vice presidents. Perform follow up with suppliers. Monitor and collect all executed copies of the program license agreement and update database.
- Manage extension process by preparing extension requests, sending requests to supplier, obtaining executed copies, updating the database, and communicating to staff and the public television system.
- Prepare weekly additional sales reports for Syndication and Premium Service and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Process Syndication and Premium Service additional sales and assist in preparation of letters to suppliers.
- Manage Create license agreements and letters for Licensees and complete execution of all agreements working with VP Exchange & Digital Services if necessary. Manage license agreements for all Create licensee additional sales.
- Manage WORLD license agreements and letters for licensees and complete execution of all agreements working with VP Exchange & Digital Services if necessary. Manage license agreements for all WORLD licensee additional sales.
- Ensure music cue sheets are maintained, follow up with suppliers, and update database.
- Prepare month end reports.
- Maintain consistent and dependable attendance.
- Perform any related duties as assigned.
- Occasionally train staff.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in contract and/or legal administration plus understanding of television or other media industry preferred.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary organizational and project management skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and/or facility with learning: Lotus Notes software, Google apps, DocuSign, Word, Excel and other PC-based Microsoft-based applications
- Results-oriented and personally-driven
- Fine attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional in demeanor and phone manner
- Interest in public television programming a plus
- Recognizes and appreciates importance of, and contributes to, company Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
- Demonstrated experience in a multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to work independently under established and self-prioritized deadlines, and as part of teams
- Positive attitude, collaborative and collegial approach to work
- Comfortable working in a small company with a participatory work style
This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management's discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time. APT offers generous benefits, competitive salaries, and a dynamic work environment. Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by email to: HRContractsAssociate@APTonline.org.
APT is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, please.