Exchange Digital Asset Specialist
Vice President, Exchange Content & Digital Services
The Exchange Digital Asset Specialist reports to the Vice President, Exchange Programming & Digital Services, and is primarily responsible for implementing streaming video operations for the Exchange Content service at American Public Television (APT). Boston-based APT is the largest syndicator of content to public television stations nationwide.
Working closely with APT’s Exchange Content department and IT/Distribution Services department, other APT departments, and suppliers of Exchange programs as necessary, the Exchange Digital Asset Specialist assures the timely, thorough, and accurate distribution of media assets and metadata to drive APT’s presence on public television’s streaming platforms.
APT Exchange, one of American Public Television’s three programming divisions, supplies quality programming to public television stations nationwide and also serves as a distribution gateway for both station and independent producers. Virtually all U.S. public television licensees subscribe to the APT Exchange service and its inventory of more than 6,200 programs or episodes and 3,200 television hours in many content genres. Exchange’s signature series include the lifestyle series America's Test Kitchen From Cook's Illustrated, The Best of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, NHK Newsline, Lidia's Kitchen, P. Allen Smith's Garden Home, AfroPoP: The Ultimate Cultural Exchange, Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street Television, Simply Ming, and Rick Steves' Europe.
Essential Job Duties:
- Under guidance from the Exchange Content Distribution Manager, update worklist for content distribution
- Assemble needed image assets from shared storage and advise of additional assets needed
- Assemble synopsis and metadata from databases
- Liaise with IT/Distribution Services to gather the appropriate program files for upload
- Initiate program page records with PBS Station Products and Innovation (SPI) team
- Upon program page approval, upload all program files, assets, and metadata for each title
- Publish content
- Perform brief quality assurance checks on published content
- Communicate publication to stakeholders
- Participate in workflow meetings with internal stakeholders
- Potential for occasional, limited travel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent experience required
- At least 1-2 years related experience, preferably in television or streaming media
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Knowledge of and/or facility with learning:
- Notes software, Google apps, and PC-based Microsoft-based applications
- Web content management systems and file transfer
- Fine attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional in demeanor and phone manner
- Interest in public television programming a plus
- Recognizes and appreciates importance of, and contributes to, company Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
- Demonstrated experience in a multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to work independently under established and self-prioritized deadlines, and as part of teams
- Positive attitude, collaborative and collegial approach to work
- Comfortable working in a small company with a participatory work style
This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management's discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time. APT offers generous benefits, competitive salaries, and a dynamic work environment. Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by email to HRExchangeDigitalAssetSpecialist@APTonline.org.
APT is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, please.